声明: 本站全部内容源自互联网,不进行任何盈利行为
仅做 整合 / 美化 处理
So I am here ...
[AI] 所以我在这里。。。
to recruit you ...
[AI] 招募你。。。
to the liberation movement.
[AI] 为了解放运动。
Now don't worry. this is not the uniform that you have to wear.
[AI] 现在别担心。这不是你必须穿的制服。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
You can come as yourself.
[AI] 你可以自己来。
So you're probably wondering. "Well. what are we being liberated from?"
[AI] 所以你可能想知道。“那么,我们从什么中解放出来?”
We are being liberated from the endless weight of data.
[AI] 我们正从无尽的数据重压中解放出来。
It keeps us bound ...
[AI] 它使我们受到约束。。。
so that we can't move into the future.
[AI] 这样我们就不能进入未来。
because we're so busy being tied to the past.
[AI] 因为我们忙着与过去联系在一起。
So how do we get free?
[AI] 那么我们如何获得自由呢?
The freedom comes from our intuition.
[AI] 自由来自我们的直觉。
The thing that's right here.
[AI] 就在这里的东西。
you know. that you can't really quite quantify.
[AI] 你知道的。你不能完全量化。
Sometimes. you can't even really describe it.
[AI] 有时你甚至无法描述它。
That intuition. that's the thing.
[AI] 这种直觉。就是这样。
Now I'm fortunate to have had a career in marketing.
[AI] 现在我很幸运,有一个营销的职业生涯。
where data and intuition and creative ideas
[AI] 数据、直觉和创意
are sort of intertwined.
[AI] 有点纠缠不清。
But at the beginning of my career. I had a boss who told me
[AI] 但在我职业生涯的开始。我有个老板告诉我
that the data was going to be extraordinarily important
[AI] 这些数据将非常重要
to the success of my ideas.
[AI] 为了我的想法的成功。
Right?
[AI] 正当
Anchor the idea in the data.
[AI] 将想法锚定在数据中。
Anchor the idea in the data.
[AI] 将想法锚定在数据中。
you can predict whether or not it's going to work.
[AI] 你可以预测它是否会起作用。
and then you can see if it actually did work. and vice versa.
[AI] 然后你就能看到它是否真的起作用了。反之亦然。
Well. I mean. look. I took that advice.
[AI] 好我是说。看我接受了这个建议。
I baked a lot my ideas right there in the data.
[AI] 我把我的很多想法都放在数据里了。
I was inspired. sometimes.
[AI] 我被鼓舞了。有时
I'd see a pattern of something moving. and I would say.
[AI] 我看到有东西在移动。我会说。
"Look. I can follow that!
[AI] “看,我能听懂!
Maybe it'll work."
[AI] 也许会有用的。"
But the challenge was that my ideas stopped right there.
[AI] 但挑战是我的想法就停在那里了。
They didn't really take flight.
[AI] 他们并不是真的坐飞机。
Because. you know. the ideas are based off of electricity. you know?
[AI] 因为你知道的。这些想法是以电为基础的。你知道的?
Ideas. like. come sharp.
[AI] 思想。喜欢快来。
They sprint here. and they go here. and they move there.
[AI] 他们在这里冲刺。他们去了这里。他们搬到那里去了。
They're nonlinear.
[AI] 它们是非线性的。
I kind of feel like they're like daydreams.
[AI] 我觉得他们就像白日梦一样。
You know? Intuition gets you there.
[AI] 你知道的?直觉让你达到目的。
It feels like something that is just on the horizon.
[AI] 这感觉就像是地平线上的东西。
And then. sometimes. it comes into sharp focus.
[AI] 然后。有时它成为焦点。
You wake up and you remember exactly what it was.
[AI] 当你醒来时,你会清楚地记得那是什么。
That's what ideas feel like.
[AI] 这就是想法的感觉。
And your intuition is actually what helps you get there.
[AI] 而你的直觉实际上是帮助你达到目的的。
It takes it from something that is so practical
[AI] 它是从非常实用的东西中提取出来的
to something that is magical.
[AI] 去做一些神奇的事情。
Now. I'm also very. very. very grateful for a boss I had early on.
[AI] 现在我也很高兴。非常非常感谢我早期的老板。
who affirmed my intuition.
[AI] 他肯定了我的直觉。
I worked for Spike Lee at his advertising agency.
[AI] 我在斯派克·李的广告公司工作。
This was in the early 2000s.
[AI] 这是在21世纪初。
And at the time.
[AI] 当时。
Pepsi had commissioned him to create a commercial
[AI] 百事委托他制作一个广告
for a campaign that they were trying to run
[AI] 为了一场他们试图进行的竞选
on the main brand.
[AI] 在主品牌上。
Spike asked everybody in the office
[AI] 斯派克问办公室里的每个人
to come up with some thoughts on what the talent could be
[AI] 想一想这个人才应该是什么样的
that would star in the commercial.
[AI] 那将成为广告中的明星。
And at the time. I was an assistant account executive.
[AI] 当时。我是一名助理客户经理。
There were people who were much more senior than I.
[AI] 有些人比我年长得多。
who knew exactly what they were doing.
[AI] 谁知道他们在干什么。
who had come up with a bunch of great ideas.
[AI] 他想出了一大堆好主意。
who had come up with a bunch of great ideas.
[AI] 他想出了一大堆好主意。
They went to the data.
[AI] 他们去查阅资料。
They went to the Billboard charts to look at who was at the top.
[AI] 他们去看广告牌排行榜,看看谁在榜首。
They went to album sales to see who was selling.
[AI] 他们去唱片销售部看谁在卖。
who the public really loved.
[AI] 公众真正喜爱的人。
who the public really loved.
[AI] 公众真正喜爱的人。
They looked at lists that experts had put together.
[AI] 他们查看了专家们整理的清单。
Who's at the top? Who's really going to win?
[AI] 谁在最高层?谁真的会赢?
Who has longevity?
[AI] 谁长寿?
Well. I didn't really understand any of that data.
[AI] 好这些数据我一点都不懂。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
I could look at it.
[AI] 我可以看看。
but I didn't really trust myself to interpret it.
[AI] 但我真的不相信自己能解释它。
So I went to the thing I did know.
[AI] 所以我去了我确实知道的地方。
which is MTV.
[AI] 这就是MTV。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
There had been a made-for-TV movie
[AI] 有一部专为电视制作的电影
called "Carmen: A Hip Hopera." on MTV.
[AI] 被称为“卡门:嘻哈时代”在MTV上。
I loved it.
[AI] 我喜欢它。
It starred Beyoncé.
[AI] 它由碧昂丝主演。
Now I thought it was magical.
[AI] 现在我觉得它很神奇。
because. I mean. who the hell puts hip-hop and opera together?
[AI] 因为我是说。到底是谁把嘻哈和歌剧放在一起的?
It's fascinating.
[AI] 这很吸引人。
So. I put my vote on Beyoncé.
[AI] 所以我投碧昂丝一票。
Now of course. today. everybody would be like.
[AI] 当然是现在。今天每个人都会这样。
"Well. of course. that makes so much sense. why wouldn't you?
[AI] “好吧。当然。这很有道理。你为什么不呢?
Bet on her. Yeah. she's a winner."
[AI] 赌她。是 啊她是个胜利者。"
But at the time. the data would tell us differently.
[AI] 但是当时。数据会告诉我们不同的情况。
No. there are not a lot of solo artists that come out of girl groups
[AI] 没有。没有多少独唱艺术家是从女孩团体中走出来的
and are successful.
[AI] 而且是成功的。
In my opinion. there is only one.
[AI] 在我看来。只有一个。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
Diana Ross.
[AI] 戴安娜·罗斯。
Yeah. the one.
[AI] 是 啊那个。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
Beyoncé is another.
[AI] 碧昂丝是另一个。
So at the time. nobody was betting on her.
[AI] 所以当时。没有人在她身上下赌注。
But I'm so grateful that Spike ...
[AI] 但我很感激斯派克。。。
affirmed my intuition and also followed his.
[AI] 肯定了我的直觉,也跟着他的。
And I would say. today. that we’re pretty successful.
[AI] 我会说。今天我们非常成功。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
Now. 20 years later. I still use my intuition. daily.
[AI] 现在20年后。我仍然使用我的直觉。每日的
I'm the chief marketing officer at Netflix.
[AI] 我是Netflix的首席营销官。
You'd probably say that maybe the stakes weren't as high
[AI] 你可能会说,也许赌注没有那么高
when I was an assistant account executive.
[AI] 当我是一名助理客户经理时。
so I could use my intuition. and who cared.
[AI] 所以我可以用我的直觉。谁在乎呢。
And maybe today. that's different.
[AI] 也许今天。那不一样。
It’s not.
[AI] 不是。
Every day. I am charged with looking at campaigns
[AI] 每一天我负责研究竞选活动
that are 15 seconds long. 60 seconds long. 90 seconds long.
[AI] 15秒长。60秒长。90秒长。
that will encourage you to watch something that's much longer.
[AI] 这会鼓励你看更长的东西。
Every day.
[AI] 每一天
And so I have to use my intuition to understand
[AI] 所以我必须用我的直觉去理解
whether or not something is going to make you cry immediately.
[AI] 是否有什么事情会让你马上哭。
is it going to make you laugh immediately.
[AI] 它会立刻让你发笑吗。
is it going to scare you?
[AI] 这会吓到你吗?
Is it going to inspire you?
[AI] 这会激励你吗?
And I feel like if I feel that ...
[AI] 我觉得如果我觉得。。。
then perhaps you do too.
[AI] 那也许你也是。
Now I'm not the only one.
[AI] 现在我不是唯一一个。
There are other people who do this.
[AI] 还有其他人这样做。
One is over 100 years ago. Henry Ford.
[AI] 一个是100多年前的事了。亨利·福特。
He's attributed with saying that if he had asked people.
[AI] 如果他问过别人的话,他会说这句话。
at the time when he was inventing the Model T.
[AI] 在他发明T型车的时候。
if they wanted something like that.
[AI] 如果他们想要那样的东西。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
they would have said they wanted faster horses ...
[AI] 他们会说他们想要更快的马。。。
instead of this new invention.
[AI] 而不是这项新发明。
I think that's pretty powerful.
[AI] 我认为这是相当强大的。
Or you can look at today.
[AI] 或者你可以看看今天。
A more recent example. Ed Bastian and the team at Delta.
[AI] 最近的一个例子。Ed Bastian和Delta的团队。
you know. based on intuition. I believe.
[AI] 你知道的。基于直觉。我相信。
decided that after the restrictions of leaving that middle seat open
[AI] 决定在限制中间座位开放后
so that those who are flying would feel safer.
[AI] 这样飞行的人会觉得更安全。
with some distance in-between them.
[AI] 他们之间有一段距离。
with some distance in-between them.
[AI] 他们之间有一段距离。
that after those restrictions were lifted.
[AI] 在这些限制解除之后。
they still kept that middle seat open.
[AI] 他们仍然让中间的座位开着。
Now I'm sure they were losing millions of dollars every day
[AI] 现在我确信他们每天都在损失数百万美元
with that decision.
[AI] 我同意这个决定。
but the intuition was right.
[AI] 但直觉是正确的。
Do you feel safer? Do I feel safer?
[AI] 你觉得安全吗?我觉得安全吗?
What would make us feel safer?
[AI] 什么能让我们感觉更安全?
I think that's the right thing.
[AI] 我认为这是正确的。
Now look. we can all look at 2020 and 2021
[AI] 现在看。我们都可以看到2020和2021
and understand that. oof. we can't really predict what happens.
[AI] 我明白这一点。噢。我们真的无法预测会发生什么。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
We don't really know.
[AI] 我们真的不知道。
But what we do know is right here.
[AI] 但我们知道的就在这里。
What are the things that make us feel good.
[AI] 是什么让我们感觉良好。
the things that scare us.
[AI] 让我们害怕的事情。
the things that make us feel more connected to each other?
[AI] 是什么让我们感觉彼此更亲密?
You know. today ...
[AI] 你知道的。今天
is a gift.
[AI] 这是一份礼物。
That’s why they call it the present.
[AI] 这就是为什么他们称之为礼物。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
I didn't make that up. but it's so corny and I love it.
[AI] 那不是我编的。但它太老土了,我喜欢它。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
But my addition to it
[AI] 但是我的补充
is the question: "Why would we give the present back?"
[AI] 问题是:“我们为什么要把礼物还给别人?”
Oh. your intuition is a gift.
[AI] 哦你的直觉是一种天赋。
So we have to use it.
[AI] 所以我们必须使用它。
So then let's talk about you.
[AI] 那么让我们来谈谈你。
You have your intuition.
[AI] 你有你的直觉。
And we'll use some science in here too.
[AI] 我们在这里也会用到一些科学知识。
We're not totally against data.
[AI] 我们并不完全反对数据。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
That if you are a set up of molecules. OK?
[AI] 如果你是一组分子。好啊
Every one of us has a unique pattern. a unique set.
[AI] 我们每个人都有自己独特的模式。独一无二的一套。
How remarkable is that -- no two of us are the same.
[AI] 这有多了不起,我们两个都不一样。
So one molecule changes.
[AI] 所以一个分子发生了变化。
and we have a whole other being.
[AI] 我们有一个完全不同的存在。
Now if you consider that we take ourselves as a whole --
[AI] 如果你认为我们把自己当作一个整体
let's pretend we're one big molecule.
[AI] 让我们假设我们是一个大分子。
and that over there. the matter over there.
[AI] 就在那边。那边的事。
is life and the experiences. the services. the communities
[AI] 是生活和经验。服务。社区
that we serve.
[AI] 我们的服务。
that we serve.
[AI] 我们的服务。
and we enter that matter --
[AI] 我们进入这件事--
it changes.
[AI] 它改变了。
You step out of the matter. it changes.
[AI] 你别插手这件事。它改变了。
So of course you're powerful.
[AI] 所以你当然很强大。
So why wouldn't your intuition.
[AI] 那你的直觉为什么不呢。
your own thing that you have.
[AI] 你自己拥有的东西。
be powerful?
[AI] 强大吗?
I think about that all the time.
[AI] 我一直在想那件事。
And perhaps you don't want to take the big. big swing just yet.
[AI] 也许你不想承担重大责任。大秋千。
You know. you can take the little steps.
[AI] 你知道的。你可以采取一些小步骤。
You can practice.
[AI] 你可以练习。
I've practiced for a long time.
[AI] 我练习了很长时间。
I want to encourage you to practice too.
[AI] 我想鼓励你也练习。
So maybe you don't want to. you know. bet on Beyoncé.
[AI] 所以也许你不想。你知道的。打赌碧昂丝。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
Or maybe you don't want to create the Model T.
[AI] 或者,您可能不想创建模型t。
Maybe you don't want to make the call about the middle seat.
[AI] 也许你不想为中间的座位打电话。
So let's take it to something
[AI] 让我们把它带到某个地方
that may be a little bit easier. a little closer to home.
[AI] 这可能会容易一点。离家近一点。
Let's pretend you're curating a dinner party.
[AI] 让我们假装你在策划一个晚宴。
Going to be safe about it -- we have six people over.
[AI] 安全起见,我们有六个人在那边。
And you're considering all the data around who likes what.
[AI] 你要考虑的是关于谁喜欢什么的所有数据。
Right? There's some people who. you know.
[AI] 正当有一些人是这样的。你知道的。
maybe somebody is a pescatarian.
[AI] 也许有人是佩斯卡塔里亚人。
another person doesn't eat dairy.
[AI] 另一个人不吃奶制品。
another hates spicy food.
[AI] 另一个讨厌辛辣的食物。
another hates spicy food.
[AI] 另一个讨厌辛辣的食物。
somebody only likes their food really. really hot. with heat.
[AI] 有些人只喜欢他们的食物。真的很热。有热。
and you have to consider all of this.
[AI] 你必须考虑所有这些。
Put it all together. think about what to make.
[AI] 把它们放在一起。想想该做什么。
I think you'd come up with a really bland fish dish.
[AI] 我想你会想出一道非常清淡的鱼菜。
ugh.
[AI] 啊。
Something terrible.
[AI] 可怕的事情。
But if you used yourself as the curator.
[AI] 但如果你把自己当馆长。
as one with intuition --
[AI] 作为一个有直觉的人--
think about it. yes. put in all the data. you know?
[AI] 想想看。对输入所有数据。你知道的?
Pescatarian. the spices. all of that.
[AI] 鱼素者香料。所有这些。
I think you would come up with something you wanted to eat too.
[AI] 我想你也会想出一些你想吃的东西。
You know? Taking all of that into consideration.
[AI] 你知道的?考虑到所有这些。
It might be a catfish stew.
[AI] 可能是炖鲶鱼。
Something really delicious.
[AI] 非常美味的东西。
something memorable.
[AI] 值得纪念的东西。
Now there's probably going to be one person in there who hates it.
[AI] 现在可能会有一个人讨厌它。
(Laughs)
[AI] (笑)
Guaranteed. there's always one.
[AI] 放心。总有一个。
But that's OK.
[AI] 不过没关系。
Everybody else will remember that moment.
[AI] 其他人都会记得那一刻。
remember that experience.
[AI] 记住那次经历。
It will be something exciting.
[AI] 这将是令人兴奋的事情。
So consider that.
[AI] 所以考虑一下。
As I think about data
[AI] 当我想到数据时
and how we want to live and change our world.
[AI] 以及我们如何生活和改变我们的世界。
I'm reminded that sometimes. data is the pill that we take
[AI] 有时候我会想起这一点。数据是我们服用的药丸
to calm our insecurity
[AI] 平息我们的不安全感
about what we intuitively know.
[AI] 关于我们直觉上知道的。
So I’m advocating
[AI] 所以我主张
that we decrease the dosage of our data.
[AI] 我们减少了数据的用量。
And that we increase the implementation of our intuition.
[AI] 我们增加了直觉的实现。
You’ll feel great.
[AI] 你会感觉很棒的。
you really will ...
[AI] 你真的会。。。
when you're able to prove to yourself
[AI] 当你能向自己证明
that the power of your intuition is actually accurate.
[AI] 你直觉的力量实际上是准确的。
Thank you so much.
[AI] 非常感谢你。
(Applause)
[AI] (掌声)