声明: 本站全部内容源自互联网,不进行任何盈利行为
仅做 整合 / 美化 处理
I want to talk today about how reading can change our lives
[AI] 今天我想谈谈阅读如何改变我们的生活
and about the limits of that change.
[AI] 以及这种变化的局限性。
I want to talk to you about how reading can give us a shareable world
[AI] 我想和你们谈谈阅读如何给我们一个共享的世界
of powerful human connection.
[AI] 具有强大的人际关系。
But also about how that connection is always partial.
[AI] 但也有关于这种联系如何总是局部的。
How reading is ultimately a lonely. idiosyncratic undertaking.
[AI] 阅读最终是一种孤独。独特的事业。
The writer who changed my life
[AI] 改变我生活的作家
was the great African American novelist James Baldwin.
[AI] 他是伟大的非裔美国小说家詹姆斯·鲍德温。
When I was growing up in Western Michigan in the 1980s.
[AI] 20世纪80年代,我在密歇根州西部长大。
there weren't many Asian American writers interested in social change.
[AI] 没有多少亚裔美国作家对社会变革感兴趣。
And so I think I turned to James Baldwin
[AI] 所以我想我求助于詹姆斯·鲍德温
as a way to fill this void. as a way to feel racially conscious.
[AI] 作为填补这一空白的一种方式。作为一种有种族意识的方式。
But perhaps because I knew I wasn't myself African American.
[AI] 但也许是因为我知道我自己不是非洲裔美国人。
I also felt challenged and indicted by his words.
[AI] 他的话也让我感到挑战和指责。
Especially these words:
[AI] 特别是这句话:
"There are liberals who have all the proper attitudes.
[AI] “有些自由主义者的态度完全正确。
but no real convictions.
[AI] 但没有真正的信念。
When the chips are down and you somehow expect them to deliver.
[AI] 当筹码下降时,你不知何故希望他们能交货。
they are somehow not there."
[AI] 他们不知何故不在那里。"
They are somehow not there.
[AI] 他们不知何故不在那里。
I took those words very literally.
[AI] 我从字面上理解了这些话。
Where should I put myself?
[AI] 我应该把自己放在哪里?
I went to the Mississippi Delta.
[AI] 我去了密西西比三角洲。
one of the poorest regions in the United States.
[AI] 美国最贫穷的地区之一。
This is a place shaped by a powerful history.
[AI] 这是一个由强大的历史塑造的地方。
In the 1960s. African Americans risked their lives to fight for education.
[AI] 20世纪60年代。非裔美国人冒着生命危险为教育而战。
to fight for the right to vote.
[AI] 为选举权而战。
I wanted to be a part of that change.
[AI] 我想成为这一变化的一部分。
to help young teenagers graduate and go to college.
[AI] 帮助青少年毕业和上大学。
When I got to the Mississippi Delta.
[AI] 当我到达密西西比三角洲时。
it was a place that was still poor.
[AI] 那是一个仍然贫穷的地方。
still segregated.
[AI] 仍然隔离。
still dramatically in need of change.
[AI] 仍然需要改变。
My school. where I was placed.
[AI] 我的学校。我被安置的地方。
had no library. no guidance counselor.
[AI] 没有图书馆。没有指导顾问。
but it did have a police officer.
[AI] 但它确实有一名警官。
Half the teachers were substitutes
[AI] 一半的教师是代课教师
and when students got into fights.
[AI] 当学生们打架的时候。
the school would send them to the local county jail.
[AI] 学校会把他们送进当地的县监狱。
This is the school where I met Patrick.
[AI] 这就是我遇见帕特里克的学校。
He was 15 and held back twice. he was in the eighth grade.
[AI] 他15岁,两次退缩。他上八年级。
He was quiet. introspective.
[AI] 他很安静。好内省的
like he was always in deep thought.
[AI] 就像他一直在沉思一样。
And he hated seeing other people fight.
[AI] 他讨厌看到别人打架。
I saw him once jump between two girls when they got into a fight
[AI] 有一次,当两个女孩打架时,我看见他跳到她们中间
and he got himself knocked to the ground.
[AI] 他被打倒在地。
Patrick had just one problem.
[AI] 帕特里克只有一个问题。
He wouldn't come to school.
[AI] 他不会来学校的。
He said that sometimes school was just too depressing
[AI] 他说有时候学校太令人沮丧了
because people were always fighting and teachers were quitting.
[AI] 因为人们总是吵架,老师也不干了。
And also. his mother worked two jobs and was just too tired to make him come.
[AI] 还有。他的母亲做了两份工作,太累了,不能让他来。
So I made it my job to get him to come to school.
[AI] 所以我的工作就是让他来学校。
And because I was crazy and 22 and zealously optimistic.
[AI] 因为我疯了,22岁,非常乐观。
my strategy was just to show up at his house
[AI] 我的策略就是去他家
and say. "Hey. why don't you come to school?"
[AI] 然后说。“嘿,你为什么不来学校呢?”
And this strategy actually worked.
[AI] 这一策略确实奏效了。
he started to come to school every day.
[AI] 他开始每天上学。
And he started to flourish in my class.
[AI] 他开始在我班上发扬光大。
He was writing poetry. he was reading books.
[AI] 他在写诗。他在看书。
He was coming to school every day.
[AI] 他每天都来上学。
Around the same time
[AI] 差不多同时
that I had figured out how to connect to Patrick.
[AI] 我已经知道如何和Patrick联系了。
I got into law school at Harvard.
[AI] 我进入哈佛大学法学院。
I once again faced this question. where should I put myself.
[AI] 我再次面对这个问题。我应该把自己放在哪里。
where do I put my body?
[AI] 我把我的身体放在哪里?
And I thought to myself
[AI] 我心里想
that the Mississippi Delta was a place where people with money.
[AI] 密西西比三角洲是人们有钱的地方。
people with opportunity.
[AI] 有机会的人。
those people leave.
[AI] 那些人离开了。
And the people who stay behind
[AI] 还有那些留下来的人
are the people who don't have the chance to leave.
[AI] 是那些没有机会离开的人。
I didn't want to be a person who left.
[AI] 我不想成为一个离开的人。
I wanted to be a person who stayed.
[AI] 我想成为一个留下来的人。
On the other hand. I was lonely and tired.
[AI] 另一方面我感到孤独和疲惫。
And so I convinced myself that I could do more change
[AI] 所以我说服自己,我可以做更多的改变
on a larger scale if I had a prestigious law degree.
[AI] 如果我有一个很有声望的法律学位,规模会更大。
So I left.
[AI] 所以我离开了。
Three years later.
[AI] 三年后。
when I was about to graduate from law school.
[AI] 当我即将从法学院毕业时。
my friend called me
[AI] 我的朋友打电话给我
and told me that Patrick had got into a fight and killed someone.
[AI] 告诉我Patrick打架杀了人。
I was devastated.
[AI] 我很震惊。
Part of me didn't believe it.
[AI] 我有一部分不相信。
but part of me also knew that it was true.
[AI] 但我也知道这是真的。
I flew down to see Patrick.
[AI] 我飞去看帕特里克。
I visited him in jail.
[AI] 我去监狱探望他。
And he told me that it was true.
[AI] 他告诉我这是真的。
That he had killed someone.
[AI] 他杀了人。
And he didn't want to talk more about it.
[AI] 他不想再多谈这件事了。
I asked him what had happened with school
[AI] 我问他学校发生了什么事
and he said that he had dropped out the year after I left.
[AI] 他说他在我离开后一年就退学了。
And then he wanted to tell me something else.
[AI] 然后他想告诉我一些别的事情。
He looked down and he said that he had had a baby daughter
[AI] 他低头说他有一个小女儿
who was just born.
[AI] 他刚出生。
And he felt like he had let her down.
[AI] 他觉得自己让她失望了。
That was it. our conversation was rushed and awkward.
[AI] 就这样。我们的谈话匆忙而尴尬。
When I stepped outside the jail. a voice inside me said.
[AI] 当我走出监狱时。我心里有个声音说。
"Come back.
[AI] “回来。
If you don't come back now. you'll never come back."
[AI] 如果你现在不回来。你再也不会回来了。"
So I graduated from law school and I went back.
[AI] 所以我从法学院毕业后就回去了。
I went back to see Patrick.
[AI] 我回去看帕特里克了。
I went back to see if I could help him with his legal case.
[AI] 我回去看看能不能帮他办案。
And this time. when I saw him a second time.
[AI] 这一次。当我第二次见到他时。
I thought I had this great idea. I said.
[AI] 我想我有个好主意。我说。
"Hey. Patrick. why don't you write a letter to your daughter.
[AI] “嗨,帕特里克,你为什么不给你女儿写封信呢。
so that you can keep her on your mind?"
[AI] 这样你就能记住她?"
And I handed him a pen and a piece of paper.
[AI] 我递给他一支笔和一张纸。
and he started to write.
[AI] 他开始写作。
But when I saw the paper that he handed back to me.
[AI] 但是当我看到他交给我的报纸时。
I was shocked.
[AI] 我很震惊。
I didn't recognize his handwriting.
[AI] 我没认出他的笔迹。
he had made simple spelling mistakes.
[AI] 他犯了一些简单的拼写错误。
And I thought to myself that as a teacher.
[AI] 我对自己说,作为一名教师。
I knew that a student could dramatically improve
[AI] 我知道一个学生会有很大的进步
in a very quick amount of time.
[AI] 在很短的时间内。
but I never thought that a student could dramatically regress.
[AI] 但我从未想过一个学生会戏剧性地倒退。
What even pained me more.
[AI] 更让我痛苦的是。
was seeing what he had written to his daughter.
[AI] 他正在看他给女儿写的信。
He had written.
[AI] 他已经写信了。
"I'm sorry for my mistakes. I'm sorry for not being there for you."
[AI] “我为我的错误感到抱歉。我为没有在你身边感到抱歉。”
And this was all he felt he had to say to her.
[AI] 这就是他想对她说的一切。
And I asked myself how can I convince him that he has more to say.
[AI] 我问自己,我怎样才能说服他,他还有更多的话要说。
parts of himself that he doesn't need to apologize for.
[AI] 他不需要道歉的部分。
I wanted him to feel
[AI] 我想让他感觉到
that he had something worthwhile to share with his daughter.
[AI] 他有值得和女儿分享的东西。
For every day the next seven months.
[AI] 在接下来的七个月里每天。
I visited him and brought books.
[AI] 我拜访了他,并带来了书。
My tote bag became a little library.
[AI] 我的手提包变成了一个小图书馆。
I brought James Baldwin.
[AI] 我带来了詹姆斯·鲍德温。
I brought Walt Whitman. C.S. Lewis.
[AI] 我带来了沃尔特·惠特曼。刘易斯。
I brought guidebooks to trees. to birds.
[AI] 我把旅游指南带到树上。给鸟儿。
and what would become his favorite book. the dictionary.
[AI] 他最喜欢的书是什么。字典。
On some days.
[AI] 有时候。
we would sit for hours in silence. both of us reading.
[AI] 我们会静静地坐上几个小时。我们俩都在读书。
And on other days.
[AI] 在其他日子。
we would read together. we would read poetry.
[AI] 我们会一起读书。我们会读诗歌。
We started by reading haikus. hundreds of haikus.
[AI] 我们从读俳句开始。数以百计的俳句。
a deceptively simple masterpiece.
[AI] 看似简单的杰作。
And I would ask him. "Share with me your favorite haikus."
[AI] 我会问他。“跟我分享你最喜欢的俳句。”
And some of them are quite funny.
[AI] 其中有些很有趣。
So there's this by Issa:
[AI] 这是伊莎的作品:
"Don't worry. spiders. I keep house casually."
[AI] “别担心,蜘蛛。我只是随便照看房子。”
And this: "Napped half the day. no one punished me!"
[AI] 还有这个:“睡了半天,没人惩罚我!”
And this gorgeous one. which is about the first day of snow falling.
[AI] 还有这个漂亮的。这是下雪的第一天。
"Deer licking first frost from each other's coats."
[AI] “鹿舔着彼此皮毛上的初霜。”
There's something mysterious and gorgeous
[AI] 有一种神秘而华丽的东西
just about the way a poem looks.
[AI] 就像一首诗的样子。
The empty space is as important as the words themselves.
[AI] 空白和文字本身一样重要。
We read this poem by W.S. Merwin.
[AI] 我们读了W.S.默文的这首诗。
which he wrote after he saw his wife working in the garden
[AI] 这是他看到妻子在花园里干活后写的
and realized that they would spend the rest of their lives together.
[AI] 并意识到他们将在一起度过余生。
"Let me imagine that we will come again
[AI] “让我想象一下,我们还会再来
when we want to and it will be spring
[AI] 当我们想要的时候,那将是春天
We will be no older than we ever were
[AI] 我们不会比以前老了
The worn griefs will have eased like the early cloud
[AI] 疲惫的悲伤会像早起的乌云一样减轻
through which morning slowly comes to itself"
[AI] 通过它,早晨慢慢地降临”
I asked Patrick what his favorite line was. and he said.
[AI] 我问帕特里克他最喜欢的台词是什么。他说。
"We will be no older than we ever were."
[AI] “我们不会比以往任何时候都老。”
He said it reminded him of a place where time just stops.
[AI] 他说这让他想起了一个时间刚刚停止的地方。
where time doesn't matter anymore.
[AI] 时间不再重要的地方。
And I asked him if he had a place like that.
[AI] 我问他是否有这样的地方。
where time lasts forever.
[AI] 时间永恒的地方。
And he said. "My mother."
[AI] 他说。“我妈妈。”
When you read a poem alongside someone else.
[AI] 当你和别人一起读一首诗时。
the poem changes in meaning.
[AI] 这首诗的意思发生了变化。
Because it becomes personal to that person. becomes personal to you.
[AI] 因为它对那个人来说是私人的。成为你的个人。
We then read books. we read so many books.
[AI] 然后我们读书。我们读了很多书。
we read the memoir of Frederick Douglass.
[AI] 我们读了弗雷德里克·道格拉斯的回忆录。
an American slave who taught himself to read and write
[AI] 自学读写的美国奴隶
and who escaped to freedom because of his literacy.
[AI] 他因为识字而逃往自由之地。
I had grown up thinking of Frederick Douglass as a hero
[AI] 我从小就认为弗雷德里克·道格拉斯是个英雄
and I thought of this story as one of uplift and hope.
[AI] 我认为这个故事是一个提升和希望的故事。
But this book put Patrick in a kind of panic.
[AI] 但这本书让帕特里克陷入了一种恐慌。
He fixated on a story Douglass told of how. over Christmas.
[AI] 他专注于道格拉斯讲述的一个故事。圣诞节期间。
masters give slaves gin
[AI] 主人给奴隶杜松子酒
as a way to prove to them that they can't handle freedom.
[AI] 以此向他们证明他们无法掌控自由。
Because slaves would be stumbling on the fields.
[AI] 因为奴隶们会在田地里蹒跚而行。
Patrick said he related to this.
[AI] 帕特里克说他与此有关。
He said that there are people in jail who. like slaves.
[AI] 他说在监狱里有些人。像奴隶一样。
don't want to think about their condition.
[AI] 我不想考虑他们的状况。
because it's too painful.
[AI] 因为太痛苦了。
Too painful to think about the past.
[AI] 太痛苦了,想不起过去。
too painful to think about how far we have to go.
[AI] 太痛苦了,想不起我们还得走多远。
His favorite line was this line:
[AI] 他最喜欢的台词是:
"Anything. no matter what. to get rid of thinking!
[AI] “什么都可以。不管怎样。摆脱思考!
It was this everlasting thinking of my condition that tormented me."
[AI] 正是这种对我身体状况的永恒思考折磨着我。"
Patrick said that Douglass was brave to write. to keep thinking.
[AI] 帕特里克说道格拉斯写作很勇敢。继续思考。
But Patrick would never know how much he seemed like Douglass to me.
[AI] 但帕特里克永远不会知道他在我看来有多像道格拉斯。
How he kept reading. even though it put him in a panic.
[AI] 他是如何坚持阅读的。尽管这让他陷入了恐慌。
He finished the book before I did.
[AI] 他比我先写完这本书。
reading it in a concrete stairway with no light.
[AI] 在没有灯光的水泥楼梯上阅读。
And then we went on to read one of my favorite books.
[AI] 然后我们继续读我最喜欢的一本书。
Marilynne Robinson's "Gilead."
[AI] 玛丽莲·罗宾逊的《基列》
which is an extended letter from a father to his son.
[AI] 这是一封父亲写给儿子的延长信。
He loved this line:
[AI] 他喜欢这句台词:
"I'm writing this in part to tell you
[AI] “我写这篇文章的部分目的是告诉你
that if you ever wonder what you've done in your life ...
[AI] 如果你想知道你一生中做了什么。。。
you have been God's grace to me.
[AI] 你是上帝对我的恩典。
a miracle. something more than a miracle."
[AI] 奇迹。不仅仅是奇迹。"
Something about this language. its love. its longing. its voice.
[AI] 关于这种语言。这是爱。它的渴望。它的声音。
rekindled Patrick's desire to write.
[AI] 重新点燃了帕特里克写作的欲望。
And he would fill notebooks upon notebooks
[AI] 他会在一本又一本的笔记本上填写
with letters to his daughter.
[AI] 给他女儿写信。
In these beautiful. intricate letters.
[AI] 在这些美丽的地方。错综复杂的字母。
he would imagine him and his daughter going canoeing down the Mississippi river.
[AI] 他会想象他和他的女儿沿着密西西比河划独木舟。
He would imagine them finding a mountain stream
[AI] 他会想象他们发现了一条山涧
with perfectly clear water.
[AI] 有非常清澈的水。
As I watched Patrick write.
[AI] 我看着帕特里克写作。
I thought to myself.
[AI] 我心里想。
and I now ask all of you.
[AI] 我现在问你们所有人。
how many of you have written a letter to somebody you feel you have let down?
[AI] 你们中有多少人给自己感到失望的人写过信?
It is just much easier to put those people out of your mind.
[AI] 把那些人从你的脑海中抹去要容易得多。
But Patrick showed up every day. facing his daughter.
[AI] 但是帕特里克每天都来。面对他的女儿。
holding himself accountable to her.
[AI] 让自己对她负责。
word by word with intense concentration.
[AI] 一个字一个字地集中注意力。
I wanted in my own life
[AI] 我想要我自己的生活
to put myself at risk in that way.
[AI] 以这种方式把自己置于危险之中。
Because that risk reveals the strength of one's heart.
[AI] 因为这种风险暴露了一个人的内心力量。
Let me take a step back and just ask an uncomfortable question.
[AI] 让我退一步问一个不舒服的问题。
Who am I to tell this story. as in this Patrick story?
[AI] 我是谁来讲述这个故事。就像帕特里克的故事?
Patrick's the one who lived with this pain
[AI] 帕特里克就是那个忍受着这种痛苦的人
and I have never been hungry a day in my life.
[AI] 我一生中从未饿过一天。
I thought about this question a lot.
[AI] 这个问题我想了很多。
but what I want to say is that this story is not just about Patrick.
[AI] 但我想说的是,这个故事不仅仅是关于帕特里克的。
It's about us.
[AI] 是关于我们的。
it's about the inequality between us.
[AI] 这是关于我们之间的不平等。
The world of plenty
[AI] 富足的世界
that Patrick and his parents and his grandparents
[AI] 帕特里克和他的父母还有他的祖父母
have been shut out of.
[AI] 已经被拒之门外了。
In this story. I represent that world of plenty.
[AI] 在这个故事里。我代表着富足的世界。
And in telling this story. I didn't want to hide myself.
[AI] 在讲述这个故事时。我不想隐藏自己。
Hide the power that I do have.
[AI] 隐藏我的力量。
In telling this story. I wanted to expose that power
[AI] 在讲述这个故事时。我想揭露这种力量
and then to ask.
[AI] 然后再问。
how do we diminish the distance between us?
[AI] 我们如何缩小彼此之间的距离?
Reading is one way to close that distance.
[AI] 阅读是拉近距离的一种方式。
It gives us a quiet universe that we can share together.
[AI] 它给了我们一个安静的宇宙,我们可以一起分享。
that we can share in equally.
[AI] 我们可以平等分享。
You're probably wondering now what happened to Patrick.
[AI] 你现在可能想知道帕特里克怎么了。
Did reading save his life?
[AI] 读书救了他的命吗?
It did and it didn't.
[AI] 有,也没有。
When Patrick got out of prison.
[AI] 帕特里克出狱的时候。
his journey was excruciating.
[AI] 他的旅程非常痛苦。
Employers turned him away because of his record.
[AI] 因为他的记录,雇主拒绝了他。
his best friend. his mother. died at age 43
[AI] 他最好的朋友。他的母亲。他于43岁去世
from heart disease and diabetes.
[AI] 来自心脏病和糖尿病。
He's been homeless. he's been hungry.
[AI] 他一直无家可归。他饿了。
So people say a lot of things about reading that feel exaggerated to me.
[AI] 所以人们说了很多关于阅读的事情,我觉得有些夸张。
Being literate didn't stop him form being discriminated against.
[AI] 识字并不能阻止他受到歧视。
It didn't stop his mother from dying.
[AI] 这并没有阻止他母亲的死亡。
So what can reading do?
[AI] 那么阅读能做什么呢?
I have a few answers to end with today.
[AI] 今天我有几个答案要结束。
Reading charged his inner life
[AI] 读书使他的内心充满活力
with mystery. with imagination.
[AI] 带着神秘感。有想象力。
with beauty.
[AI] 美丽。
Reading gave him images that gave him joy:
[AI] 阅读给了他快乐的形象:
mountain. ocean. deer. frost.
[AI] 山大海鹿严寒天气
Words that taste of a free. natural world.
[AI] 有自由的味道的话。自然世界。
Reading gave him a language for what he had lost.
[AI] 读书给了他一种语言来补偿他所失去的东西。
How precious are these lines from the poet Derek Walcott?
[AI] 诗人德里克·沃尔科特的这些诗句有多珍贵?
Patrick memorized this poem.
[AI] 帕特里克记住了这首诗。
"Days that I have held.
[AI] “我所拥有的日子。
days that I have lost.
[AI] 我失去的日子。
days that outgrow. like daughters.
[AI] 不再生长的日子。像女儿一样。
my harboring arms."
[AI] 我的怀抱。"
Reading taught him his own courage.
[AI] 读书教会了他自己的勇气。
Remember that he kept reading Frederick Douglass.
[AI] 记得他一直在读弗雷德里克·道格拉斯的书。
even though it was painful.
[AI] 尽管很痛苦。
He kept being conscious. even though being conscious hurts.
[AI] 他一直保持清醒。即使有意识会受伤。
Reading is a form of thinking.
[AI] 阅读是一种思维方式。
that's why it's difficult to read because we have to think.
[AI] 这就是为什么它很难阅读,因为我们必须思考。
And Patrick chose to think. rather than to not think.
[AI] 帕特里克选择了思考。而不是不去思考。
And last. reading gave him a language to speak to his daughter.
[AI] 最后。阅读给了他一种语言来和女儿说话。
Reading inspired him to want to write.
[AI] 读书激励他想写作。
The link between reading and writing is so powerful.
[AI] 阅读和写作之间的联系是如此强大。
When we begin to read.
[AI] 当我们开始阅读时。
we begin to find the words.
[AI] 我们开始寻找单词。
And he found the words to imagine the two of them together.
[AI] 他找到了文字来想象他们俩在一起。
He found the words
[AI] 他找到了单词
to tell her how much he loved her.
[AI] 告诉她他有多爱她。
Reading also changed our relationship with each other.
[AI] 阅读也改变了我们之间的关系。
It gave us an occasion for intimacy.
[AI] 这给了我们一个亲密的机会。
to see beyond our points of view.
[AI] 超越我们的观点。
And reading took an unequal relationship
[AI] 而阅读是一种不平等的关系
and gave us a momentary equality.
[AI] 给了我们短暂的平等。
When you meet somebody as a reader.
[AI] 当你遇到一个作为读者的人。
you meet him for the first time.
[AI] 你第一次见到他。
newly. freshly.
[AI] 新的。新近地。
There is no way you can know what his favorite line will be.
[AI] 你不可能知道他最喜欢的台词是什么。
What memories and private griefs he has.
[AI] 他有多少回忆和内心的悲伤。
And you face the ultimate privacy of his inner life.
[AI] 你要面对他内心生活的终极隐私。
And then you start to wonder. "Well. what is my inner life made of?
[AI] 然后你开始怀疑。“嗯,我的内心生活是由什么组成的?
What do I have that's worthwhile to share with another?"
[AI] 我有什么值得与他人分享的?"
I want to close
[AI] 我想关门
on some of my favorite lines from Patrick's letters to his daughter.
[AI] 在帕特里克写给他女儿的信中我最喜欢的几行。
"The river is shadowy in some places
[AI] “这条河在某些地方有阴影
but the light shines through the cracks of trees ...
[AI] 但是阳光透过树缝照进来。。。
On some branches hang plenty of mulberries.
[AI] 在一些树枝上挂满了桑椹。
You stretch your arm straight out to grab some."
[AI] 你伸直手臂去抓一些。"
And this lovely letter. where he writes.
[AI] 还有这封可爱的信。他写作的地方。
"Close your eyes and listen to the sounds of the words.
[AI] “闭上眼睛,听单词的声音。
I know this poem by heart
[AI] 我熟记这首诗
and I would like you to know it. too."
[AI] 我想让你知道。也"
Thank you so much everyone.
[AI] 非常感谢大家。
(Applause)
[AI] (掌声)