声明: 本站全部内容源自互联网,不进行任何盈利行为
仅做 整合 / 美化 处理
My son and the iPhone were born three weeks apart
我儿子的出生日和iPhone的诞生只差三周,
in June 2007.
那是2007年的六月。
So while those early adopters were lined up outside,
所以当那些追逐潮流的 人们在外面排着队,
waiting to get their hands on this amazing new gadget,
等着亲手拿到这个神奇的新玩意,
I was stuck at home with my hands full of something else
我却被困在家里,忙着照顾
that was sending out constant notifications --
另外一样会不停推送通知的东西——
(Laughter)
(笑声)
a miserable, colicky baby
一个痛苦的、啼哭不止的婴儿,
who would only sleep in a moving stroller with complete silence.
只有被婴儿车推着走的时候, 才能安静地睡着。
I literally was walking 10 to 15 miles a day,
我简直一天要走10到15英里,
and the baby weight came off.
然后生孩子所增加的体重就减掉了。
That part was great.
这倒是不错,
But man, was I bored.
但是拜托,我太无聊了。
Before motherhood, I had been a journalist
在做母亲以前,我曾经是一名记者,
who rushed off when the Concorde crashed.
我曾经冲向协和式飞机坠毁的现场。
I was one of the first people into Belgrade
在塞尔维亚爆发革命的时候,
when there was a revolution in Serbia.
我是最先进入贝尔格莱德的人之一。
Now, I was exhausted.
可现在,我累坏了。
This walking went on for weeks.
我这么走了好几个星期。
It was only until about three months in that something shifted, though.
不过大约三个月以后, 有些事情改变了。
As I pounded the pavement,
当我一步步走过人行道的时候,
my mind started to wander, too.
我的思想也开始漫步。
I began imagining what I would do when I finally did sleep again.
我开始想象如果我终于 能好好睡觉了,我要做什么。
So the colic did fade,
于是痛苦终于渐渐消退,
and I finally got an iPhone
我也终于拿到了iPhone,
and I put all those hours of wandering into action.
同时将这么久以来的 思维漫步付诸现实。
I created my dream job hosting a public radio show.
我创造了自己梦想的工作, 主持一台公共电台节目。
So there was no more rushing off to war zones,
我不用再冲进战乱之地了,
but thanks to my new smartphone,
但是有了我新买的智能手机,
I could be a mother and a journalist.
我能在做母亲的同时做一名记者。
I could be on the playground and on Twitter at the same time.
我可以在操场上玩耍的同时查看推特。
Yeah, well, when I thought that,
那么,当我想到,
when the technology came in and took over,
当科技的到来取代了人力,
that is when I hit a wall.
这时候我就会处处碰壁。
So, I want you to picture this:
我希望你们能想象一下:
you host a podcast, and you have to prove
你主持了一档节目,必须要证明
that the investment of precious public radio dollars in you
你所获得的珍贵的 公共广播的投资
is worth it.
都是值得的。
My goal was to increase my audience size tenfold.
我的目标是将我的 听众增加十倍。
So one day, I sat down to brainstorm,
所以有一天, 我就坐下来想办法,
as you do,
和你们一样,
and I came up barren.
而我没什么想法。
This was different than writer's block, right?
这和作家的文思枯竭不一样,对吧?
It wasn't like there was something there waiting to be unearthed.
不是那种有什么东西 等待被发掘的障碍,
There was just nothing.
而是根本什么都没有。
And so I started to think back:
所以我开始回想:
When was the last time I actually had a good idea?
我上一次想出好主意 是什么时候的事?
Yeah, it was when I was pushing that damn stroller.
对,是我还在推那个 破婴儿车的时候。
Now all the cracks in my day were filled with phone time.
现在我每天所有的缝隙 时间都被手机占用了。
I checked the headlines while I waited for my latte.
我一边等我的拿铁 一边看头条。
I updated my calendar while I was sitting on the couch.
我坐在沙发上的时候 更新我的日历。
Texting turned every spare moment
短信让所有空闲的时间
into a chance to show to my coworkers and my dear husband
都变成了向同事 和我亲爱的丈夫
what a responsive person I was,
证明我回复及时的机会,
or at least it was a chance to find another perfect couch
或者至少是个让我找到 另外一个舒适的沙发
for my page on Pinterest.
能翻看Pinterest页面的机会。
I realized that I was never bored.
我发现我从没感觉到无聊过。
And anyway, don't only boring people get bored?
不过,不是只有 无聊的人才会觉得无聊吗?
But then I started to wonder:
但是我开始好奇:
What actually happens to us when we get bored?
我们觉得无聊的时候 到底发生了什么?
Or, more importantly: What happens to us if we never get bored?
更重要的是,我们永远不觉得无聊会怎么样?
And what could happen if we got rid of this human emotion entirely?
如果我们完全抛弃了 无聊这种人类情感会怎样?
I started talking to neuroscientists and cognitive psychologists,
我开始和神经学家 以及认知心理学家交流,
and what they told me was fascinating.
而他们告诉我的事实非常惊人。
It turns out that when you get bored,
其实让你感觉无聊的时候,
you ignite a network in your brain called the "default mode."
你大脑里一个叫做“默认模式”的 系统被点亮了。
So our body, it goes on autopilot while we're folding the laundry
所以在我们叠衣服 或者走路上班的时候,
or we're walking to work,
我们的身体开启了自动巡航,
but actually that is when our brain gets really busy.
但我们的大脑却非常忙碌。
Here's boredom researcher Dr. Sandi Mann.
这是无聊研究学家Sandi Mann博士。
(Audio) Dr. Sandi Mann: Once you start daydreaming
(声音)Sandi Mann博士: 当你开始白日做梦,
and allow your mind to really wander,
让你的思想四处游荡,
you start thinking a little bit beyond the conscious,
你的思考有一点偏离清醒的意识,
a little bit into the subconscious,
更偏向于潜意识,
which allows sort of different connections to take place.
使得各种各样的联想开始创建。
It's really awesome, actually.
这其实非常的美妙。
Manoush Zomorodi: Totally awesome, right?
Manoush Zomorodi: 特别棒,对吧?
So this is my brain in an fMRI,
这是我的大脑在 功能磁共振成像中的样子。
and I learned that in the default mode is when we connect disparate ideas,
我发现我们是在默认模式中 将毫不相干的想法联系起来的。
we solve some of our most nagging problems,
我们解决了一些 最让人困扰的问题,
and we do something called "autobiographical planning."
我们还做了一件叫做 “自传式规划”的事。
This is when we look back at our lives,
我们回顾自己的一生,
we take note of the big moments, we create a personal narrative,
我们记录下那些重要的时刻, 并且写下自己的旁白。
and then we set goals
然后我们设定目标,
and we figure out what steps we need to take to reach them.
想好为了实现目标, 我们每一步要做什么。
But now we chill out on the couch also while updating a Google Doc
但是现在我们躺在沙发上的时候, 还在更新一篇谷歌文档,
or replying to email.
或者回复邮件。
We call it "getting shit done,"
我们把这个叫做“把事情做完”,
but here's what neuroscientist Dr. Daniel Levitin says
但是照神经学家Daniel Levitin博士所说,
we're actually doing.
我们做的事其实是这样的。
(Audio) Dr. Daniel Levitin: Every time you shift your attention
(声音)Daniel Levitin博士: 每次你将你的注意力
from one thing to another,
从一件事情转移到另一件事情上,
the brain has to engage a neurochemical switch
大脑都必须进行一次 神经化学的转换,
that uses up nutrients in the brain to accomplish that.
并且消耗掉大脑存储的营养。
So if you're attempting to multitask,
所以如果你想要同时处理多项任务,
you know, doing four or five things at once,
你知道吧,同时做四五件事,
you're not actually doing four or five things at once,
你不是真的在同时做四五件事,
because the brain doesn't work that way.
因为你的大脑不是这么工作的。
Instead, you're rapidly shifting from one thing to the next,
你其实是在迅速地 从这一件事转换到下一件事,
depleting neural resources as you go.
同时将神经能源消耗殆尽。
(Audio) MZ: So switch, switch, switch, you're using glucose, glucose, glucose.
(声音)MZ:转换来,转换去,再转换回来, 你在消耗糖分,糖分,还是糖分。
(Audio) DL: Exactly right, and we have a limited supply of that stuff.
(声音)DL:完全正确, 而且我们能提供的糖分是有限的。
MZ: A decade ago, we shifted our attention at work
MZ:十年前,我们在工作时每三分钟
every three minutes.
转换一次注意力。
Now we do it every 45 seconds,
现在我们每45秒就要转换一次,
and we do it all day long.
而我们一整天都在这样做。
The average person checks email 74 times a day,
一个正常人平均一天查看电子邮件74次,
and switches tasks on their computer
而在电脑上切换任务
566 times a day.
高达每天566次。
I discovered all this talking to professor of informatics,
这是我在和信息专家谈话的时候发现的。
Dr. Gloria Mark.
Gloria Mark博士。
(Audio) Dr. Gloria Mark: So we find that when people are stressed,
(声音)Gloria Mark博士: 我们发现当人们压力很大时,
they tend to shift their attention more rapidly.
他们容易更快地来回转换注意力。
We also found, strangely enough,
我们同时发现,非常奇怪的是,
that the shorter the amount of sleep that a person gets,
一个人的睡眠时间越少,
the more likely they are to check Facebook.
他更容易去检查Facebook的动态。
So we're in this vicious, habitual cycle.
所以我们正处于这个 习以为常的恶性循环中。
MZ: But could this cycle be broken?
MZ:但是我们如何打破这个循环呢?
What would happen if we broke this vicious cycle?
我们打破循环后又会发生什么呢?
Maybe my listeners could help me find out.
兴许我的听众们能帮我找到答案。
What if we reclaimed those cracks in our day?
如果我们重新找回那些空隙时间呢?
Could it help us jump-start our creativity?
这会帮助我们开启创造力吗?
We called the project "Bored and Brilliant."
我们把这个叫做“无聊而美好”项目。
And I expected, you know, a couple hundred people to play along,
我本来期望能有几百个人来参与,
but thousands of people started signing up.
但是上千人开始报名参加。
And they told me the reason they were doing it
他们告诉我他们这么做的原因
was because they were worried that their relationship with their phone
是他们担心自己和手机的关系
had grown kind of ... "codependent," shall we say.
变得“相互依赖”,暂且这么说。
(Audio) Man: The relationship between a baby and its teddy bear
(声音)男士:这种婴儿和 他泰迪熊之间的关系,
or a baby and its binky
或者婴儿和他的口袋龙,
or a baby that wants its mother's cradle
或者一个想要母亲怀抱的婴儿,
when it's done with being held by a stranger --
当他厌烦了被陌生人抱着的时候。
(Laughs)
(笑声)
that's the relationship between me and my phone.
这就是我和手机的关系。
(Audio) Woman: I think of my phone like a power tool:
(声音)女士:我把我的手机 看做是力量的工具:
extremely useful, but dangerous if I'm not handling it properly.
非常有用,但是如果 我错误地使用就非常危险。
(Audio) Woman 2: If I don't pay close attention,
(声音)女士2:如果我不注意,
I'll suddenly realize that I've lost an hour of time
我就会突然发现我已经 失去了一个小时的时间,
doing something totally mindless.
用来做完全不动脑筋的事情。
MZ: OK, but to really measure any improvement,
MZ:好的,但是要测量任何的进展,
we needed data, right?
我们需要数据,对吧?
Because that's what we do these days.
因为我们现在就是这么做的。
So we partnered with some apps that would measure how much time
我们和一些应用程序合作来计算
we were spending every day on our phone.
我们每天花在手机上的时间。
If you're thinking it's ironic
如果你觉得这样很讽刺,
that I asked people to download another app
我让人们下载另外一个程序
so that they would spend less time on their phones:
来让他们减少玩手机的时间:
yeah, but you gotta meet people where they are.
没错,但是你得先看到他们的处境。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
So before challenge week,
所以在挑战周开始前,
we were averaging two hours a day on our phones
我们平均每天在手机上花费两个小时,
and 60 pickups,
以及60次检查,
you know, like, a quick check, did I get a new email?
就像这样,快速看一眼,我有新的邮件吗?
Here's what Tina, a student at Bard College,
这是Tina,一名巴德学院的学生
discovered about herself.
对她自己的发现。
(Audio) Tina: So far, I've been spending
(声音)Tina:到目前为止,
between 150 and 200 minutes on my phone per day,
我每天都在手机上 花费150到200分钟,
and I've been picking up my phone 70 to 100 times per day.
而我每天拿起手机的次数有70到100次。
And it's really concerning,
这真的很让人担心,
because that's so much time that I could have spent
因为有这么多的时间,
doing something more productive, more creative, more towards myself,
我本可以用来做更有效率、 更有创意、更有利于我的事,
because when I'm on my phone, I'm not doing anything important.
因为我在看手机的时候, 我并没有在做什么重要的事。
MZ: Like Tina, people were starting to observe their own behavior.
MZ:就像Tina一样, 人们开始看到他们自己的行为。
They were getting ready for challenge week.
他们慢慢准备好迎接挑战周了。
And that Monday,
从那个星期一开始,
they started to wake up to instructions in their inbox,
他们开始在收件箱中收到指示,
an experiment to try.
试着完成一项实验。
Day one:
第一天:
"Put it in your pocket."
“把手机放进口袋里。”
Take that phone out of your hand.
把手机从手心里拿走。
See if you can eliminate the reflex to check it all day long,
看看你能不能停下整天看手机的条件反射,
just for a day.
哪怕就一天。
And if this sounds easy,
如果这听起来很简单,
you haven't tried it.
你试试就知道了。
Here's listener Amanda Itzko.
这是Amanda Itzko说的话。
(Audio) Amanda Itzko: I am absolutely itching.
(声音)Amanda Itzko: 我简直浑身发痒。
I feel a little bit crazy,
我感觉自己有点发疯了,
because I have noticed that I pick up my phone
因为我发现连我从一间屋子 走到另一间屋子去,
when I'm just walking from one room to another,
都会拿起手机,
getting on the elevator,
还有走上电梯的时候,
and even -- and this is the part that I am really embarrassed
甚至——这是我觉得说出来
to actually say out loud --
非常尴尬的事——
in the car.
在车里的时候。
MZ: Yikes.
MZ:说得对。
Yeah, well, but as Amanda learned,
没错,但是就像Amanda发现的,
this itching feeling is not actually her fault.
这种发痒的感觉不是她的错。
That is exactly the behavior that the technology is built to trigger.
这正是科技被创造出来时 想要激发的行为。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
I mean, right?
我说的没错吧?
Here's former Google designer, Tristan Harris.
这是前谷歌设计师Tristan Harris的话。
(Audio) Tristan Harris: If I'm Facebook or I'm Netflix or I'm Snapchat,
(声音)Tristan Harris: 如果我是Facebook、Netflix或者Snapchat公司,
I have literally a thousand engineers
我会雇佣一千个工程师,
whose job is to get more attention from you.
他们的工作就是获取你更多的注意。
I'm very good at this,
我对此非常擅长,
and I don't want you to ever stop.
而且我根本不希望你停下。
And you know, the CEO of Netflix recently said,
最近Netflix公司的首席执行官说,
"Our biggest competitors are Facebook, YouTube and sleep."
“我们最大的竞争者就是 Facebook,YouTube和睡眠。”
I mean, so there's a million places to spend your attention,
所以你有成千上万的地方 可以投入你的注意力,
but there's a war going on to get it.
但是为了获取你的注意, 一场战争正在进行。
MZ: I mean, you know the feeling:
MZ:我是说,你懂这种感觉的:
that amazing episode of "Transparent" ends,
一集精彩的《透明家族》结束了,
and then the next one starts playing
然后下一集又开始播放了,
so you're like, eh, OK fine, I'll just stay up and watch it.
所以你就觉得,呃,好吧, 我就留下来看完吧。
Or the LinkedIn progress bar says you are this close
或者LinkedIn的进度条告诉你, 你离完美的个人档案
to having the perfect profile,
只有一步之遥的,
so you add a little more personal information.
然后你就加入了一点个人信息。
As one UX designer told me,
就像一位用户体验设计师告诉我的,
the only people who refer to their customers as "users"
把客户叫做“用户”的人,
are drug dealers and technologists.
除了毒贩就是科技人员了。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
(Applause)
(掌声)
And users, as we know, are worth a lot of money.
而用户,如我们所知,值很多钱。
Here's former Facebook product manager and author,
这位是前Facebook产品经理和作家,
Antonio García Martínez.
Antonio Garcia Martinez。
(Audio) Antonio García Martínez: The saying is, if any product is free
(声音)Antonio Garcia Martinez: 俗话说,如果任何产品是免费的,
then you're the product; your attention is the product.
那么你就是那个产品; 你的注意力就是那个产品。
But what is your attention worth?
但是你的注意力值多少钱呢?
That's why literally every time you load a page,
这就是为什么每次你打开一个网页,
not just on Facebook or any app,
不只是在Facebook或者其他应用程序上,
there's an auction being held instantly, billions of times a day,
都有一场竞拍在进行, 每天上亿次,
for exactly how much that one ad impression cost.
针对一条广告留下印象的价格。
MZ: By the way, the average person will spend two years of their life
MZ:顺便一提,一个人的生命中 会有两年时间
on Facebook.
花在Facebook上。
So, back to challenge week.
所以,说回挑战周的事。
Immediately, we saw some creativity kick in.
我们立刻看到了一些创意的出现。
Here's New Yorker Lisa Alpert.
这是来自纽约的Lisa Alpert说的话。
(Audio) Lisa Alpert: I was bored, I guess.
(声音)Lisa Albert: 我很无聊,我猜。
So I suddenly looked at the stairway that went up to the top of the station,
所以我突然看着一直 通向车站顶上的台阶,
and I thought, you know,
然后我想,
I had just come down that stairway, but I could go back up
我刚刚从那条楼梯上走下来, 但是我可以再走上去,
and then come back down and get a little cardio.
然后再走下来,能做一点有氧运动。
So I did,
我就这么做了,
and then I had a little more time, so I did it again and I did it again,
然后我的时间还有一点, 我就一遍又一遍地做,
and I did it 10 times.
我走了十次,
And I had a complete cardio workout.
然后我就得到了一次完整的有氧锻炼。
I got on that R train feeling kind of exhausted,
我走上那列R火车的时候 感觉有点累,
but, like, wow, that had never occurred to me.
但是,哇,我从来没有这样过。
How is that possible?
这怎么可能呢?
(Laughter)
(笑声)
MZ: So creativity, I learned, means different things to different people.
MZ:所以创造力,我发现, 对于不同的人来说意味也不尽相同。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
But everyone found day three's challenge the hardest.
但是每个人都觉得 第三天的挑战是最难的。
It was called "Delete that app."
这项挑战叫做“删除应用程序”。
Take that app -- you know the one;
把那个应用——你知道哪个的;
that one that always gets you, it sucks you in --
就是总是吸引你,把你吸进去的那个——
take it off your phone,
把它从手机里删除,
even if just for the day.
哪怕就这一天。
I deleted the game Two Dots and nearly cried.
我删掉《两点之间》的游戏,差点哭出来。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
Yeah, Two Dots players know what I'm talking about.
是的,《两点之间》的玩家 知道我在说什么。
But my misery had good company.
但是我的痛苦有人陪伴。
(Audio) Man 2: This is Liam in Los Angeles,
(声音)男士2:我是来自洛杉矶的Liam。
and I deleted Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat and Vine
我删掉了从我手机里删掉了 Twitter、Facebook、Instagram、
from my phone
Tumblr、Snapchat和Vine,
in one fell swoop.
一气呵成。
And it was kind of an embarrassingly emotional experience at first.
一开始这是一种让人尴尬的情感体验。
It felt weirdly lonely to look at that lock screen
我看着锁屏感觉奇怪的孤单,
with no new notifications on it.
没有任何新的通知。
But I really liked deciding for myself
但是我很享受为自己决定
when to think about or access my social networks,
什么时候去想或者 去看我的社交网络,
not giving my phone the power to decide that for me.
而不是让我的手机 有权利为我决定。
So thank you.
所以谢谢你们。
(Audio) Woman 3: Deleting the Twitter app was very sad,
(声音)女士3: 删除Twitter的应用让我很难过,
and I feel I maybe, over the last year when I've been on Twitter,
我觉得我可能,在过去的一年里使用Twitter,
have developed an addiction to it,
已经发展成一种上瘾了,
and this "Bored and Brilliant" challenge has really made me realize it.
而这个“无聊而美好”的挑战 真的让我发现了这一点。
After a brief period of really horrible withdrawal feeling,
在短暂的一段痛苦的戒断感受之后,
like lack-of-caffeine headache,
就像没有咖啡因的头疼,
I now feel lovely.
我现在感觉好极了。
I had a lovely dinner with my family,
我和家人一起吃了一顿美味的晚餐,
and I hope to continue this structured use of these powerful tools.
我希望能继续这样 有组织地使用这些强大的工具。
(Audio) Woman 4: I don't have that guilty gut feeling
(声音)女士4: 我没有那种内疚的感觉了,
I have when I know I'm wasting time on my phone.
就是在我发现我在手机上 浪费时间的时候那种内疚。
Maybe I'll have to start giving myself challenges and reminders like this
可能我必须开始给自己 一些像这样的挑战和提醒,
every morning.
在每天清晨的时候。
MZ: I mean, yes, this was progress.
MZ:是的,这就是进步。
I could not wait to see what the numbers said
我等不及要看看在这一周结束时,
at the end of that week.
数据是怎样的了。
But when the data came in,
但是当我们收到数据时,
it turned out that we had cut down,
我们发现我们平均下来,
on average,
减少了
just six minutes --
仅仅六分钟——
from 120 minutes a day on our phones
从每天在手机上花费120分钟
to 114.
到114分钟。
Yeah. Whoop-de-do.
是的,我的天。
So I went back to the scientists feeling kind of low,
所以我有点低落,又去找那些科学家们,
and they just laughed at me,
而他们就只是嘲笑我。
and they said, you know, changing people's behavior
他们说,你知道吗,改变人们的行为,
in such a short time period
在这么短的时间内,
was ridiculously ambitious,
简直是愚蠢的野心,
and actually what you've achieved is far beyond what we thought possible.
而且你所达到的成果 已经远远超过我们的想象了。
Because more important than the numbers, were the people's stories.
因为比数据更重要的, 是人们自己的故事。
They felt empowered.
他们感觉被赋予了权力。
Their phones had been transformed
他们的手机
from taskmasters
从任务监工
back into tools.
重新变成工具。
And actually, I found what the young people said most intriguing.
事实上,我发现年轻人说的话最有意思。
Some of them told me
一些年轻人告诉我,
that they didn't recognize some of the emotions
他们不知道在挑战周里
that they felt during challenge week,
他们感受的情绪是什么。
because, if you think about it,
因为如果你这样想,
if you have never known life without connectivity,
如果你从来没有过 失去社交联通的生活,
you may never have experienced boredom.
你可能从来没有经历过无聊。
And there could be consequences.
而这可能就是我们的下场。
Researchers at USC have found -- they're studying teenagers
南加州大学的研究者们发现—— 他们在研究一些青少年,
who are on social media while they're talking to their friends
他们和朋友说话时 一直在看社交软件,
or they're doing homework,
还有写作业的时候。
and two years down the road, they are less creative and imaginative
像这样过了两年以后, 他们都对于他们自己的未来,
about their own personal futures
缺乏创造力和想象力,
and about solving societal problems, like violence in their neighborhoods.
以及解决社会问题的能力, 比如邻里的暴力问题。
And we really need this next generation
我们非常需要我们的下一代
to be able to focus on some big problems:
能够专注于一些重大的问题:
climate change, economic disparity,
气候变化、经济差距、
massive cultural differences.
巨大的文化差异。
No wonder CEOs in an IBM survey
怪不得一项IBM调查的首席执行官
identified creativity as the number one leadership competency.
将创造力看做是领导力的第一竞争力。
OK, here's the good news, though:
不过,还是有好消息的:
In the end, 20,000 people did "Bored and Brilliant" that week.
最终,在那个星期完成 “无聊而美好”挑战的20,000人中,
Ninety percent cut down on their minutes.
百分之九十的人都减少了玩手机的时间。
Seventy percent got more time to think.
百分之七十的人有了更多的时间思考。
People told me that they slept better.
人们告诉我他们的睡眠好了很多,
They felt happier.
他们感觉更快乐了。
My favorite note was from a guy who said he felt like he was waking up
我最喜欢的反馈是一个人说
from a mental hibernation.
他感觉自己像从头脑冬眠中醒来。
Some personal data and some neuroscience
一些个人数据和神经科学
gave us permission to be offline a little bit more,
允许我们多离线一会,
and a little bit of boredom gave us some clarity
而一点无聊让我们更清醒,
and helped some of us set some goals.
帮助我们中的一些人设定目标。
I mean, maybe constant connectivity
我是说,也许持续的联络
won't be cool in a couple of years.
再过几年就不流行了。
But meanwhile, teaching people, especially kids,
但是同时,教会人们,尤其是孩子们,
how to use technology to improve their lives
如何使用科技来 提高他们的生活质量,
and to self-regulate
并且实现自我管控,
needs to be part of digital literacy.
需要成为数字素养的一部分。
So the next time you go to check your phone,
所以下次你想去看一下手机的时候,
remember that if you don't decide how you're going to use the technology,
记住如果你不自己决定如果使用科技,
the platforms will decide for you.
科技平台会替你做决定。
And ask yourself:
问问自己:
What am I really looking for?
我到底要看什么?
Because if it's to check email, that's fine -- do it and be done.
因为如果我要去检查邮件,这没关系—— 看完了就完了。
But if it's to distract yourself from doing the hard work
但是如果这会让自己 从努力工作中分心,
that comes with deeper thinking,
你就得更认真地想想了。
take a break,
放松一下,
stare out the window
看看窗外,
and know that by doing nothing
你要知道什么也不做的时候,
you are actually being your most productive and creative self.
你其实是在做最有创意和效率的自己。
It might feel weird and uncomfortable at first,
这可能一开始有点奇怪,有点不舒服,
but boredom truly can lead to brilliance.
但是无聊真的能带来美好。
Thank you.
谢谢。
(Applause)
(掌声)