声明: 本站全部内容源自互联网,不进行任何盈利行为
仅做 整合 / 美化 处理
I dedicated the past two years to understanding
[AI] 过去两年我致力于理解
how people achieve their dreams.
[AI] 人们如何实现他们的梦想。
When we think about the dreams we have.
[AI] 当我们想到我们的梦想时。
and the dent we want to leave in the universe.
[AI] 还有我们想在宇宙中留下的凹痕。
it is striking to see how big of an overlap there is
[AI] 令人惊讶的是,重叠的程度有多大
between the dreams that we have. and projects that never happen.
[AI] 在我们的梦想之间。以及永远不会发生的项目。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
So I'm here to talk to you today
[AI] 所以我今天在这里和你们谈谈
about five ways how not to follow your dreams.
[AI] 关于如何不追随梦想的五种方法。
One: Believe in overnight success.
[AI] 第一:相信一夜之间的成功。
You know the story. right?
[AI] 你知道这个故事。正当
The tech guy built a mobile app and sold it very fast for a lot of money.
[AI] 这位技术人员开发了一款移动应用程序,并以很快的速度卖出,赚了很多钱。
You know. the story may seem real. but I bet it's incomplete.
[AI] 你知道的。这个故事似乎是真实的。但我打赌它是不完整的。
If you go investigate further.
[AI] 如果你进一步调查。
the guy has done 30 apps before
[AI] 这家伙以前做过30个应用程序
and he has done a master's on the topic. a PhD.
[AI] 他在这方面取得了硕士学位。博士。
He has been working on the topic for 20 years.
[AI] 他研究这个话题已有20年了。
This is really interesting.
[AI] 这真的很有趣。
I myself have a story in Brazil that people think is an overnight success.
[AI] 我自己在巴西也有一个故事,人们认为这是一夜之间的成功。
I come from a humble family.
[AI] 我出身于一个卑微的家庭。
and two weeks before the deadline to apply for MIT.
[AI] 申请麻省理工学院的截止日期前两周。
I started the application process.
[AI] 我开始了申请程序。
And. voilà! I got in.
[AI] 和瞧!我进去了。
People may think it's an overnight success.
[AI] 人们可能会认为这是一夜之间的成功。
but that only worked because for the 17 years prior to that.
[AI] 但这仅仅是因为在那之前的17年里。
I took life and education seriously.
[AI] 我认真对待生活和教育。
Your overnight success story is always a result
[AI] 你一夜之间的成功总是一个结果
of everything you've done in your life through that moment.
[AI] 你在那一刻所做的一切。
Two: Believe someone else has the answers for you.
[AI] 第二:相信别人能为你找到答案。
Constantly. people want to help out. right?
[AI] 不断地人们想帮忙。正当
All sorts of people: your family. your friends. your business partners.
[AI] 各种各样的人:你的家人。你的朋友。你的商业伙伴。
they all have opinions on which path you should take:
[AI] 他们都对你应该走哪条路有意见:
"And let me tell you. go through this pipe."
[AI] “让我告诉你,穿过这根管子。”
But whenever you go inside. there are other ways you have to pick as well. And you need to make those decisions yourself.
[AI] 但只要你进去。你也可以选择其他方式。你需要自己做决定。
No one else has the perfect answers for your life.
[AI] 没有人能为你的生活找到完美的答案。
And you need to keep picking those decisions. right?
[AI] 你需要不断选择那些决定。正当
The pipes are infinite and you're going to bump your head.
[AI] 管道是无限的,你会撞到你的头。
and it's a part of the process.
[AI] 这也是过程的一部分。
Three. and it's very subtle but very important:
[AI] 三这是非常微妙但非常重要的:
Decide to settle when growth is guaranteed.
[AI] 在保证增长的情况下决定结算。
So when your life is going great.
[AI] 所以当你的生活变得美好的时候。
you have put together a great team.
[AI] 你组建了一支伟大的团队。
and you have growing revenue. and everything is set --
[AI] 你的收入也在增长。一切都安排好了--
time to settle.
[AI] 该解决了。
When I launched my first book.
[AI] 当我出版我的第一本书时。
I worked really. really hard to distribute it everywhere in Brazil.
[AI] 我真的很努力。真的很难在巴西的任何地方分发。
With that. over three million people downloaded it.
[AI] 用这个。超过三百万人下载了它。
over 50.000 people bought physical copies.
[AI] 超过5万人购买了实物拷贝。
When I wrote a sequel. some impact was guaranteed.
[AI] 当我写续集的时候。一些影响是有保证的。
Even if I did little. sales would be OK.
[AI] 即使我做得很少。销售可以。
But OK is never OK.
[AI] 但OK永远都不是OK。
When you're growing towards a peak.
[AI] 当你成长到顶峰的时候。
you need to work harder than ever and find yourself another peak.
[AI] 你需要比以往任何时候都更加努力,为自己找到另一个高峰。
Maybe if I did little. a couple hundred thousand people would read it.
[AI] 如果我不做什么的话。几十万人会读到它。
and that's great already.
[AI] 这已经很好了。
But if I work harder than ever.
[AI] 但是如果我比以前更努力的话。
I can bring this number up to millions.
[AI] 我可以把这个数字增加到数百万。
That's why I decided. with my new book. to go to every single state of Brazil.
[AI] 这就是我决定的原因。我的新书。去巴西的每一个州。
And I can already see a higher peak.
[AI] 我已经可以看到更高的峰值。
There's no time to settle down.
[AI] 没有时间安定下来了。
Fourth tip. and that's really important:
[AI] 第四个提示。这非常重要:
Believe the fault is someone else's.
[AI] 相信是别人的错。
I constantly see people saying.
[AI] 我经常看到人们说。
"Yes. I had this great idea. but no investor had the vision to invest."
[AI] “是的。我有个好主意。但是没有一个投资者有投资的眼光。”
"Oh. I created this great product.
[AI] “哦,我创造了这个伟大的产品。
but the market is so bad. the sales didn't go well."
[AI] 但是市场太糟糕了。销售不顺利。"
Or. "I can't find good talent; my team is so below expectations."
[AI] 或“我找不到优秀的人才;我的团队远远低于预期。”
If you have dreams.
[AI] 如果你有梦想。
it's your responsibility to make them happen.
[AI] 让它们发生是你的责任。
Yes. it may be hard to find talent.
[AI] 对可能很难找到人才。
Yes. the market may be bad.
[AI] 对市场可能不景气。
But if no one invested in your idea.
[AI] 但是如果没有人投资你的想法。
if no one bought your product.
[AI] 如果没有人买你的产品。
for sure. there is something there that is your fault.
[AI] 当然可以有些事情是你的错。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
Definitely.
[AI] 肯定
You need to get your dreams and make them happen.
[AI] 你需要实现你的梦想,让梦想成真。
And no one achieved their goals alone.
[AI] 没有人能独自实现他们的目标。
But if you didn't make them happen. it's your fault and no one else's.
[AI] 但如果你没有让它们发生。这是你的错,不是别人的错。
Be responsible for your dreams.
[AI] 为你的梦想负责。
And one last tip. and this one is really important as well:
[AI] 还有最后一点提示。这一点也非常重要:
Believe that the only things that matter are the dreams themselves.
[AI] 相信唯一重要的是梦想本身。
Once I saw an ad. and it was a lot of friends.
[AI] 有一次我看到一则广告,里面有很多朋友。
they were going up a mountain. it was a very high mountain.
[AI] 他们正在上山。那是一座很高的山。
and it was a lot of work.
[AI] 这是一个很大的工作。
You could see that they were sweating and this was tough.
[AI] 你可以看到他们在流汗,这很艰难。
And they were going up. and they finally made it to the peak.
[AI] 他们正在往上爬。他们终于到达了顶峰。
Of course. they decided to celebrate. right?
[AI] 当然他们决定庆祝。正当
I'm going to celebrate. so.
[AI] 我要庆祝一下。所以
"Yes! We made it. we're at the top!"
[AI] “是的!我们成功了。我们在顶端!”
Two seconds later. one looks at the other and says.
[AI] 两秒钟后。一个看着另一个说。
"OK. let's go down."
[AI] “好的,我们下去吧。”
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
Life is never about the goals themselves.
[AI] 生活从来不是目标本身。
Life is about the journey.
[AI] 人生就是旅程。
Yes. you should enjoy the goals themselves.
[AI] 对你应该享受目标本身。
but people think that you have dreams.
[AI] 但是人们认为你有梦想。
and whenever you get to reaching one of those dreams.
[AI] 无论何时,只要你能实现其中一个梦想。
it's a magical place where happiness will be all around.
[AI] 这是一个神奇的地方,那里到处都是幸福。
But achieving a dream is a momentary sensation.
[AI] 但实现梦想是一种瞬间的感觉。
and your life is not.
[AI] 而你的生活并非如此。
The only way to really achieve all of your dreams
[AI] 真正实现你所有梦想的唯一途径
is to fully enjoy every step of your journey.
[AI] 就是充分享受旅程的每一步。
That's the best way.
[AI] 那是最好的办法。
And your journey is simple -- it's made of steps.
[AI] 你的旅程很简单——它是由台阶组成的。
Some steps will be right on.
[AI] 一些步骤将是正确的。
Sometimes you will trip.
[AI] 有时你会绊倒。
If it's right on. celebrate. because some people wait a lot to celebrate.
[AI] 如果正确的话。庆祝因为有些人等了很久才庆祝。
And if you tripped. turn that into something to learn.
[AI] 如果你绊倒了。把它变成可以学习的东西。
If every step becomes something to learn or something to celebrate.
[AI] 如果每一步都成为值得学习或庆祝的事情。
you will for sure enjoy the journey.
[AI] 你一定会喜欢这次旅行的。
So. five tips:
[AI] 所以五点提示:
Believe in overnight success.
[AI] 相信一夜之间的成功。
believe someone else has the answers for you.
[AI] 相信别人能为你找到答案。
believe that when growth is guaranteed. you should settle down.
[AI] 相信当增长得到保证时。你应该安定下来。
believe the fault is someone else's.
[AI] 相信是别人的错。
and believe that only the goals themselves matter.
[AI] 并且相信只有目标本身才重要。
Believe me. you do that. and you will destroy your dreams.
[AI] 相信我。你这样做。你会毁掉你的梦想。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
(Applause)
[AI] (掌声)
Thank you. Thanks.
[AI] 非常感谢。谢谢