声明: 本站全部内容源自互联网,不进行任何盈利行为
仅做 整合 / 美化 处理
There are a few things that all of us need.
[AI] 我们都需要一些东西。
We all need air to breathe.
[AI] 我们都需要呼吸空气。
We need clean water to drink.
[AI] 我们需要干净的水喝。
We need food to eat. We need shelter and love.
[AI] 我们需要食物吃。我们需要庇护和爱。
You know. Love is great. too.
[AI] 你知道的。爱是伟大的。也
And we all need a safe place to pee.
[AI] 我们都需要一个安全的地方小便。
(Laughter) Yeah?
[AI] (笑声)是吗?
As a trans person who doesn't fit neatly into the gender binary.
[AI] 作为一个不完全符合性别二元结构的变性人。
if I could change the world tomorrow
[AI] 如果我明天能改变世界
to make it easier for me to navigate.
[AI] 让我更容易导航。
the very first thing I would do
[AI] 我要做的第一件事
is blink and create single stall. gender-neutral bathrooms
[AI] 是闪烁并创建单个失速。中性浴室
in all public places.
[AI] 在所有公共场所。
(Applause)
[AI] (掌声)
Trans people and trans issues.
[AI] 跨人跨议题。
they've been getting a lot of mainstream media attention lately.
[AI] 他们最近得到了主流媒体的广泛关注。
And this is a great and necessary thing.
[AI] 这是一件伟大而必要的事情。
but most of that attention has been focused
[AI] 但大部分注意力都集中在了一起
on a very few individuals.
[AI] 在极少数人身上。
most of whom are kinda rich
[AI] 大多数人都有点有钱
and pretty famous.
[AI] 而且相当有名。
and probably don't have to worry that much anymore about where they're going to pee
[AI] 也许不用再担心他们要去哪里小便了
in between classes at their community college.
[AI] 在社区学院的课间休息。
or where they're going to get changed into their gym strip
[AI] 或者他们将在哪里换上他们的健身衣
at their public high school.
[AI] 在他们的公立高中。
Fame and money insulates these television star trans people
[AI] 名声和金钱使这些电视明星与人隔绝
from most of the everyday challenges
[AI] 从大多数日常挑战中
that the rest of us have to tackle on a daily basis.
[AI] 我们其他人每天都要解决这个问题。
Public bathrooms.
[AI] 公共浴室。
They've been a problem for me since as far back as I can remember.
[AI] 从我记事起,他们就一直是我的问题。
first when I was just a little baby tomboy
[AI] 第一次是在我还是个小假小子的时候
and then later as a masculine-appearing. predominantly estrogen-based organism.
[AI] 后来又以男性化的姿态出现。以雌激素为主的有机体。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
Now. today as a trans person. public bathrooms and change rooms
[AI] 现在今天作为一个变性人。公共浴室和更衣室
are where I am most likely to be questioned or harassed.
[AI] 是我最有可能被询问或骚扰的地方。
I've often been verbally attacked behind their doors.
[AI] 我经常在他们门后遭到口头攻击。
I've been hauled out by security guards with my pants still halfway pulled up.
[AI] 我被保安拖了出来,裤子还拉了一半。
I've been stared at. screamed at. whispered about.
[AI] 我一直被盯着。对他尖叫。耳语。
and one time I got smacked in the face by a little old lady's purse
[AI] 有一次我被一个小老太太的钱包打到了脸上
that from the looks of the shiner I took home that day
[AI] 从那天我带回家的那块皮鞋上看
I am pretty certain contained at least 70 dollars of rolled up small change
[AI] 我敢肯定里面至少有70美元的零钱
and a large hard candy collection.
[AI] 还有一大堆硬糖。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
And I know what some of you are thinking.
[AI] 我知道你们有些人在想什么。
and you're mostly right.
[AI] 你基本上是对的。
I can and do just use the men's room most of the time these days.
[AI] 这几天我大部分时间都在使用男厕所。
But that doesn't solve my change room dilemmas. does it?
[AI] 但这并不能解决我的更衣室难题。是吗?
And I shouldn't have to use the men's room because I'm not a man.
[AI] 我不应该用男厕所,因为我不是男人。
I'm a trans person.
[AI] 我是个变性人。
And now we've got these fearmongering politicians
[AI] 现在我们有了这些散布恐惧的政客
that keep trying to pass these bathroom bills.
[AI] 他们一直试图通过这些浴室账单。
Have you heard about these?
[AI] 你听说过这些吗?
They try to legislate to try and force people like myself
[AI] 他们试图立法强迫像我这样的人
to use the bathroom that they deem most appropriate
[AI] 使用他们认为最合适的浴室
according to the gender I was assigned at birth.
[AI] 根据我出生时的性别分配。
And if these politicians ever get their way.
[AI] 如果这些政客得逞了。
in Arizona or California or Florida
[AI] 在亚利桑那州、加利福尼亚州或佛罗里达州
or just last week in Houston. Texas.
[AI] 或者上周在休斯顿。德克萨斯州。
or Ottawa.
[AI] 或者渥太华。
well then. using the men's room will not be a legal option for me either.
[AI] 那好吧。使用男厕所对我来说也不是合法的选择。
And every time one of these politicians brings one of these bills to the table.
[AI] 每一次,这些政客中的一个提出这些法案。
I can't help but wonder. you know.
[AI] 我忍不住想知道。你知道的。
just who will and exactly how would we go about enforcing laws like these. Right?
[AI] 究竟谁会这样做?我们将如何执行这些法律。正当
Panty checks?
[AI] 内裤支票?
Really.
[AI] 真正地
Genital inspections outside of bath change rooms at public pools?
[AI] 公共游泳池浴室更衣室外的生殖器检查?
There's no legal or ethical or plausible way
[AI] 没有合法的、道德的或可信的方法
to enforce laws like these anyway.
[AI] 无论如何都要执行这样的法律。
They exist only to foster fear
[AI] 它们的存在只是为了助长恐惧
and promote transphobia.
[AI] 促进恐惧症。
They don't make anyone safer.
[AI] 他们不会让任何人更安全。
But they do for sure make the world more dangerous for some of us.
[AI] 但它们确实使我们中的一些人的世界更加危险。
And meanwhile. our trans children suffer.
[AI] 与此同时。我们的跨文化儿童受苦受难。
They drop out of school. or they opt out of life altogether.
[AI] 他们辍学了。或者他们选择完全退出生活。
Trans people. especially trans and gender-nonconforming youth
[AI] 变性人。尤其是跨性别和不符合性别要求的青年
face additional challenges when accessing pools and gyms.
[AI] 进入游泳池和健身房时面临更多挑战。
but also universities.
[AI] 还有大学。
hospitals. libraries.
[AI] 医院。图书馆。
Don't even get me started on how they treat us in airports.
[AI] 别让我知道他们在机场是怎么对待我们的。
If we don't move now
[AI] 如果我们现在不行动
to make sure that these places
[AI] 确保这些地方
are truly open and accessible to everyone.
[AI] 是真正开放的,每个人都可以访问。
then we just need to get honest
[AI] 那我们只需要诚实点
and quit calling them public places.
[AI] 别再叫它们公共场所了。
We need to just admit
[AI] 我们需要承认
that they are really only open for people
[AI] 他们真的只对人开放
who fit neatly into one of two gender boxes.
[AI] 他们整齐地放在两个性别盒子中的一个。
which I do not.
[AI] 我不知道。
I never have.
[AI] 我从来没有。
And this starts very early.
[AI] 这很早就开始了。
I know a little girl. She's the daughter of a friend of mine.
[AI] 我认识一个小女孩。她是我一个朋友的女儿。
She's a self-identified tomboy.
[AI] 她是个自认的假小子。
I'm talking about cowboy boots
[AI] 我说的是牛仔靴
and Caterpillar yellow toy trucks and bug jars. the whole nine yards.
[AI] 还有卡特彼勒黄色玩具卡车和臭虫罐。整整九码。
One time I asked her what her favorite color was.
[AI] 有一次我问她最喜欢什么颜色。
She told me. "Camouflage."
[AI] 她告诉我。“伪装。”
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
So that awesome little kid.
[AI] 所以那个很棒的小孩。
she came home from school last October
[AI] 她去年十月放学回家
from her half day of preschool
[AI] 从她学前班的半天开始
with soggy pants on because the other kids at school were harassing her
[AI] 穿着湿漉漉的裤子因为学校里的其他孩子在骚扰她
when she tried to use the girls' bathroom.
[AI] 当她试图使用女厕所时。
And the teacher had already instructed her to stay out of the boys' bathroom.
[AI] 老师已经指示她不要到男厕所去。
And she had drank two glasses of that red juice
[AI] 她喝了两杯红色的果汁
at the Halloween party.
[AI] 在万圣节派对上。
and I mean. who can resist that red juice. right? It's so good.
[AI] 我是说。谁能抗拒那股红色的汁液。正当太好了。
And she couldn't hold her pee any longer.
[AI] 她再也忍不住小便了。
Her and her classmates were four years old.
[AI] 她和她的同学都四岁了。
They already felt empowered enough
[AI] 他们已经感到足够强大了
to police her use of the so-called public bathrooms.
[AI] 来监督她使用所谓的公共浴室。
She was four years old.
[AI] 她四岁。
She had already been taught the brutal lesson
[AI] 她已经受到了残酷的教训
that there was no bathroom door at preschool
[AI] 幼儿园里没有浴室门
with a sign on it that welcomed people like her.
[AI] 上面写着欢迎像她这样的人的标志。
She'd already learned that bathrooms were going to be a problem.
[AI] 她已经知道浴室将成为一个问题。
and that problem started with her
[AI] 这个问题是从她开始的
and was hers alone.
[AI] 只有她一个人。
So my friend asked me to talk to her little daughter.
[AI] 所以我的朋友让我和她的小女儿谈谈。
and I did.
[AI] 我做到了。
I wanted to tell her
[AI] 我想告诉她
that me and her mom were going to march on down
[AI] 我和她妈妈要继续走下去
and talk to that school. and the problem was going to go away.
[AI] 和那所学校谈谈。问题就要解决了。
but I knew that wasn't true.
[AI] 但我知道那不是真的。
I wanted to tell her that it was all going to get better when she got older.
[AI] 我想告诉她,等她长大了,一切都会好起来的。
but I couldn't.
[AI] 但我不能。
So I asked her to tell me the story of what had happened.
[AI] 所以我请她告诉我发生了什么事。
asked her to tell me how it made her feel.
[AI] 让她告诉我她当时的感受。
"Mad and sad."
[AI] “疯狂和悲伤。”
she told me.
[AI] 她告诉我。
So I told her
[AI] 所以我告诉她
that she wasn't alone
[AI] 她并不孤单
and that it wasn't right what had happened to her.
[AI] 她身上发生的事是不对的。
and then she asked me if I had ever peed in my pants before.
[AI] 然后她问我以前是否在裤子里撒尿过。
I said yes. I had.
[AI] 我答应了。我有。
but not for a really long time.
[AI] 但不是很长时间。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
Which of course was a lie.
[AI] 这当然是个谎言。
because you know how you hit. like. 42 or 43.
[AI] 因为你知道你是怎么打的。喜欢42或43。
and sometimes you just. I don't know. you pee a little bit
[AI] 有时候你只是。我不知道。你小便了一点
when you cough or sneeze.
[AI] 当你咳嗽或打喷嚏时。
when you're running upstairs. or you're stretching.
[AI] 当你跑上楼的时候。或者你在拉伸。
Don't lie.
[AI] 不要撒谎。
It happens. Right?
[AI] 这是常有的事。正当
She doesn't need to know that. I figure.
[AI] 她不需要知道这些。我想。
(Laughter)
[AI] (众笑)
I told her. when you get older. your bladder is going to grow bigger. too.
[AI] 我告诉她了。当你变老的时候。你的膀胱会变大。也
When you get old like me.
[AI] 当你像我一样老的时候。
you're going to be able to hold your pee for way longer.
[AI] 你将能够保持你的小便更长的时间。
I promised her.
[AI] 我答应过她。
"Until you can get home?"
[AI] “直到你能回家?”
she asked me.
[AI] 她问我。
I said. "Yes.
[AI] 我说。”“是的。
until you can get home."
[AI] 直到你能回家。"
She seemed to take some comfort in that.
[AI] 她似乎从中得到了一些安慰。
So let's just build some single stall. gender-neutral bathrooms
[AI] 所以,让我们只建造一个隔间。中性浴室
with a little bench for getting changed into your gym clothes.
[AI] 有一个小长凳可以换上你的运动服。
We can't change the world overnight
[AI] 我们不能在一夜之间改变世界
for our children.
[AI] 为了我们的孩子。
but we can give them a safe and private place
[AI] 但我们可以给他们一个安全私密的地方
to escape that world.
[AI] 逃离那个世界。
if only for just a minute.
[AI] 只要一分钟就好了。
This we can do.
[AI] 这是我们能做到的。
So let's just do it.
[AI] 那我们就这么做吧。
And if you are one of those people who is sitting out there right now
[AI] 如果你是现在坐在那里的人之一
already coming up with a list of reasons in your head why this is not a priority.
[AI] 你已经在脑海中列出了为什么这不是优先考虑的原因。
or it's too expensive.
[AI] 或者太贵了。
or telling yourself that giving a trans person a safe place to pee
[AI] 或者告诉自己给变性人一个安全的地方小便
or get changed in
[AI] 或者换衣服
supports a lifestyle choice that you feel offends your morality.
[AI] 支持你认为违背道德的生活方式选择。
or your masculinity.
[AI] 或者你的男子气概。
or your religious beliefs.
[AI] 或者你的宗教信仰。
then let me just appeal
[AI] 那我就上诉吧
to the part of your heart that probably. hopefully.
[AI] 也许是你内心的那一部分。有希望地
does care about the rest of the population.
[AI] 他关心其他人。
If you can't bring yourself to care enough about people like me.
[AI] 如果你不能让自己足够关心像我这样的人。
then what about women and girls
[AI] 那女人和女孩呢
with body image issues?
[AI] 身体形象问题?
What about anyone with body image stuff going on?
[AI] 那些有身体意象的人呢?
What about that boy at school who is a foot shorter than his classmates.
[AI] 学校里那个比同学矮一英尺的男孩怎么样。
whose voice still hasn't dropped yet? Hey?
[AI] 谁的声音还没降下来?嘿
Oh. grade eight.
[AI] 哦八年级。
what a cruel master you can be.
[AI] 你真是个残忍的主人。
Right?
[AI] 正当
What about people with anxiety issues?
[AI] 有焦虑问题的人呢?
What about people with disabilities or who need assistance in there?
[AI] 残疾人或需要帮助的人呢?
What about folks with bodies who. for whatever reason.
[AI] 那些有尸体的人呢。不管什么原因。
don't fit into the mainstream idea of what a body should look like?
[AI] 不符合身体应该是什么样子的主流观念?
How many of us still feel shy
[AI] 我们中有多少人仍然感到害羞
or afraid to disrobe in front of our peers.
[AI] 或者害怕在同龄人面前脱掉衣服。
and how many of us allow that fear
[AI] 我们中有多少人允许这种恐惧
to keep us from something as important
[AI] 让我们远离同样重要的事情
as physical exercise?
[AI] 作为体育锻炼?
Would all those people not benefit
[AI] 所有这些人都不会受益吗
from these single stall facilities?
[AI] 从这些单一的摊位设施?
We can't change transphobic minds overnight.
[AI] 我们不能一夜之间改变恐惧症患者的想法。
but we can give everybody
[AI] 但我们可以给每个人
a place to get changed in
[AI] 换衣服的地方
so that we can all get to work
[AI] 这样我们就能开始工作了
making the world safer
[AI] 让世界更安全
for all of us.
[AI] 为了我们所有人。
Thank you for listening.
[AI] 谢谢你的收听。
(Applause)
[AI] (掌声)
Thank you.
[AI] 非常感谢。
(Applause)
[AI] (掌声)